Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 03:18 AM   #12
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegolfgirl View Post
Is installing insulation something that I can do myself ?
Mr. Obvious here: The Fat mat goes on the underside of the doghouse.

Our old coach had carpeting over the doghouse, and it was louder than our 2016 Vegas. I believe Thor listened, and added more insulation in the Vegas/Axis somewhere along.

Back to the original question of gas vs. diesel. I've had both. Diesels are great for daily use and long runs. For many RVers, gas engines will handle sitting for months better than the diesels. Diesels shine when you put on a lot of miles and climb a lot of mountains.

Since the cost of diesel rose above gasoline, the economics of diesels aren't as good as years ago. New ones have the extra expense and hassle of DEF. Soundwise, no comparison between a front engine and a rear engine.

Remember, you will get some of the extra cost of the diesel back when you sell or trade. There is no simple answer to the diesel/gas question.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum