Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 02:54 AM   #29
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Got it. I got two dogbones for same purpose. Pictured is my 15/20 amp one. My dogbones must connect to the 50 amp male end of my cable that is hardwired. I have not used on an extension cord yet, but I did plug the 50/20 amp dogbone directly into my 20 amp receptacle just to see it works and similar for the 50/30 amp dogbone.

As I read about the surge protection, I think I will buy this one

https://www.<font color="Red">campin...tection</font>

as it can be used to protect my coach's built in surge protector for 50, 30 & 20 amp services. I have power management system inside that tells me how many amps I am drawing at any moment in time. If I have 20 amps service it will know and help to manage what I can use as to not trip breakers
Don't waist you money on that!. It is just a surge protector. Chances are your grand kids will have grand lids before you will get a spike big enough to make it work within a campground..

That being said I have a surge protector on my house since 1990. 2 lights were lit when I installed it and 2 lights are lit today.

If you have an extra $99 laying around but understand that it will protect for VERY high spike voltage just one time and it will become junk. It is a one hit wonder.

EMS will stop flow of voltage that is over 132 volts and not turn it back on until it goes below. it will also stop electric flow below 108 volts and no let it flow until it is higher. Surge protector can do none of that. Purge protector can show you bad wiring but it can not do anything about it.

The problem with campgrounds is LOW VOLTAGE and miss wired peds. What you pictured is just a surge protector and nothing more. What you need to buy is and EMS $250-$300

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum