Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 04:57 AM   #7
Norrirn

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMF View Post
It has the Sirius tuner, just no antenna connected. It works because I attached an extra antenna and got receception. This RV is still well under warranty. My service shop doesn’t know where to start because Thor was no help and told them antenna was under dash (very unlikely and dealer won’t tear dash up to look).

What sort of extra antenna did you attach and what did you connect it to? If your radio has a Sirius/XM tuner already installed, you would have a SAT ANT port on the back of the head unit. Absent a tuner, you’ll need to buy one and it will plug into the back of the head unit. The antenna must be one tuned to the Sirius/XM satellite and it plugs into the tuner.

The tuner and antenna can be bought for about $60 from Amazon. An antenna alone is less than $20.

I have a Jensen JRV215N which came Sirius/XM ready with an icon on the touch screen but no service. I added a tuner, an antenna, and bought a subscription which activated the service.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum