Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 10:50 PM   #57
jdetrick

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Florida
THOR #17016
Leave it home. 3 years ago I tried to bring a rifle into Canada. I had all the proper forms from the RCMP. When we got to the border crossing when asked if I had anything to declare, I said a rifle. At that point you would have thought I was a terrorist! We had to pull over to security offices, got interrogated. The RV was searched by a team. When questioned they asked the purpose for bringing my rifle across. I replied hunting, target shooting and self defense. As soon as I said self defense we were told that we were being denied entry. When I informed them that I had all the legal paperwork from the RCMP I was told that they were not the RCMP and were still denying us entry. They the rifle in it's case and told us to report to US Customs. We did so. The US Customs official sympathized and said this was a common occurrence. I ended up selling the rifle at a local gun shop. We were attempting entry at Port Huron. It may be different out west. The moral of the story....I wouldn't do it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.