Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
Cotton Hawes

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3228
ACE 29.2 vs. AXIS 24.1

Newbie to the RV world and this is my first post. I apologize for it being a long one. I'm retiring in the spring and my DW and I plan to do a fair amount of traveling the US and Canada by RV over the next 10+ years. We've put aside $ for an RV for 20 years, it's almost time to take the plunge, and after much research we are narrowing our focus to the ACE 29.2 or AXIS / VEGAS 24.1.

We plan to be "wanderers" in our travels, moving on every day or two, and traveling mostly by country or secondary roads. We plan to be on the road for weeks at a time, maybe even 2-3 months for trips out west. We don't want to pull a toad, so we want a coach that is easy to maneuver through towns, easy to park, etc. Maximum space is not an issue - we won't be traveling with kids or grandkids. I'm looking for input from anyone who has owned or driven the ACE 29.2 or AXIS / VEGAS 24.1 (or both).

We like the floor plan for the ACE 29.2 the best, with its separate dinette and couch and the walk-around bed, but are concerned about whether its 29 1/2 foot length will be too long for how we want to travel.

We like the AXIS / VEGAS 24.1 floor plan and its relative ease of maneuvering, but wonder if that is worth giving up a separate dinette and couch.

In either case we plan to eventually replace the couch with dual recliners anyway.

There are many AXIS/ VEGAS posts in this forum, but relatively few for the ACE 29.2. Any information you wish to share about these two coaches (good or bad) is welcome.

Retirement, here we come!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum