Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
First of all: Not a long post by any stretch--especially around here! LOL

If I were spending 2-3 months in an RV I'd want a bigger one like the ACE. The Axis/Vegas 24.1 can get a bit claustrophobic after a while (granted there are 3 of us when we travel). The Axis/Vegas will be easier to drive simply because it is 5 feet shorter (and on a lower chassis: E450 vs F53), will get slightly better gas mileage.

This really is a tough call since you have two opposing requirements: touring in the RV and the ability to stay in it long-term (at least in my eyes). Thus which RV you get would come down to which is your higher priority?

I do like our Axis a lot, and if it were just me I could probably handle a long trek in it (we've discussed taking it on a long trek to CA from MI but the wife and kid both said: "You drive it there, we'll fly and meet you" LOL).

We had our Axis for a year before we bought a dolly. We never took it touring, though, instead we rented a car when we wanted to drive around. Its so much easier hopping into a car rather than packing things up, retracting the slide, retracting the awning, disconnect water, electric, sewer... Granted if you are changing camp sites every 2 or 3 days anyway then it may not seem as big of a hassle though.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.