Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBlanchard View Post
Greetings fellow ACE owners. I have a 2016 ACE 29.4 single slide with the bedroom slide motor bad. I was wondering if anyone changed out the motor and if so, be kind enough to share any lessons learned.

Thanks in advance and happy motoring.
My coach has the same bedroom design with the external kitchen. The entire rear bed surround must be removed to access the motor. For ease, the slide should be out about 6 inches but you can remove the motor with the slide in any position. The bed side cubby is screwed in with three or four screws. After disconnecting the radio (there is a plug behind the radio) remove the cubby. The surround upright is held in place with multiple pin nails and glue behind the center glued in beauty strip. This surround can be worked out with a small pry bar starting with the plinth block at the top with removing the nails but the nails should be removed before reinstalling. Behind the beauty surround is a a single 2x6" that is used to seal the slide when the slide is out. It is screwed in to the metal brackets on the slide with 4 screws (no glue). With all removed you can access the motor's electrical chase, grear shaft and slide gears. To remove the moter you will have to access the motor's hold-down screw from outside the slide (that is the reason for the slide to be open alittle).
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum