Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #1
Meffrig

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kentucky
THOR #516
New owner has questions

I just took the family for my first weekend trip in my 2014 Windsport. Instead of contracting my dealer, I thought would ask the experts on this site.

Question 1: Since the temperature became rather cool at night, I turned the furnace on for the first time and let it run. By doing this, it caused my smoke alarm to go nuts for a short period of time several times during the night. I fanned the alarm to get it quiet and went back to the couch and watched TV. This happened several times. I would think that this normal since I do have a new motor coach? Any suggestions?

Question 2: I plugged in to the 50 amp receptacle when arriving at the campground. After getting all set up, I checked the control panel battery light on it only show 1/3 full. I would have expected this to show full since I am sure I had a solid hook up to shore power. Could this be a malfunction with those little red lights? Any help would be much appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.