Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #20
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad2018 View Post
I just learned all of these lessons about the house battery and the use/store switch after having the RV for over a year. Found the house battery was dead after doing some work on the RV. It stays on shore power all the time but the switch wasn't in the "use" position. I assumed that I could use the battery level indicator to monitor the batteries in every scenario. It showed 100% on the indicator but the battery was dead. I'm guessing that I was seeing the chassis battery?

Apparently, it's best to turn the use switch on before connecting to shore power to ensure that it's in the correct position.

I added this small panel to monitor the house batteries. It's connected right to the house wire at the relay. It also gives us a USB charging port at the table.

The battery level indicator indicates the voltage on the DC buss, not the battery itself. So if the converter is supplying power to the DC buss it will always indicate 100%.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.