Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 02:35 AM   #1
WearyTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Black tank backed up - how could this happen?

I’m going to post this in a couple of forums hoping for a good answer...

Today when we connected to city, all went as expected (the Kantleak does, and is leaking into the FW tank). So I watched the FW tank to ensure that I turned city off before it overflowed. I have a new valve that we’re going to install this week.

When Ms. WT went into the back bathroom the sink was overflowing. Somehow, the back black tank got filled up and water came up thru the sink’s drain. A check of the back black level showed 4 of 4 (full). When I did an emergency dump of the back black the sink drained and went to 1 or 4 lights.

So - am I correct in ASSuming that the back bathroom sink and the patio sink drain into the back black tank?

No faucets were turned on. The toilet flush pedal was not pushed down. That said - What could have caused the black tank to fill? I emptied it when we left the RV park this morning - so it was empty before I connected to city tonight.

What would cause the back black to fill? Is the Kantleak able to leak into the black? That seems far fetched...
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum