Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #7
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk4lb@hotmail.com View Post
Have a 2015 Chateau 31W. Going to Alaska and probably do some boon docking. Since this unit has a home frig I would like to add extra batteries so I can go longer between charging....etc. I have read that it can handle 4 batteries....how can this be done??????
I have a 31L and will do the same thing when springs breaks in a few months. I have the two-way fridge and just need more longevity between charges.

There 'appears' to be enough room under the step, behind the existing house batteries. There is one obstacle (at least for me). There's, what I'll call, a junction block mounted on the left inside of the storage frame. I say frame because it all exposed to the elements. The word 'box' doesn't apply. There are no 'sides' per se.

Crawl under the coach and check the storage frame. Look for signs of stress failures (e.g. cracked frame members, broken welds, etc) to make sure you have what it takes to support the weight. I'm considering moving that junction block to the outside and doing something more to protect the batteries against the elements. The frame is wide open to whatever occurs under the coach - driving or sitting.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum