Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Check engine
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #14
Mr.Good

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Ventana LE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16834
Experience has taught me the following:
If you pull the engine battery disconnect (right above the accelerator pedal) without waiting the 10 minutes, as it says on the label, the ECM does not shut down properly. The next time you start the engine. The Check Engine light will come on and stay on. Shutting off the ignition, and back on again does not reset it. I shut off the engine, waited 10-15 minutes, disconnected the chassis battery, reconnected, started the engine, Check engine light was out.

Follow the directions on the label and ALWAYS wait at least 10 minutes before pulling the chassis battery disconnect.

IMO, and might be wrong, but I don't think the fuel cap being loose, affects diesels like gas engines, because there isn't an evaporative vapor recovery system. Diesel fuel is much less volatile than gas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum