Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I got a call back from a gentleman at Thor who answered many of my questions.

First, there doesn't appear to be any flexibility to order chassis options. Thor orders chassis in large lot sizes equipped a certain way, and it's not possible to order the extra heavy duty alternator option, or smaller V8 engine, aluminum wheels, etc. He didn't know the exact alternator size but knows all Axis/Vegas get the same. He said dealers can often handle modifications like aftermarket wheels.

Regarding use of E-450 chassis, he confirmed previous reports that it's due to environmental requirements. He "thinks" that using the E-350 may have required going with the 5.4 V8, and that they don't think it's strong enough. When asked, he said he wasn't aware of plans for larger Axis/Vegas models or with two slides (due to the heavier-duty E-450 chassis). I figure he wouldn't have told me anyway even if he knew.

For now options are limited to the ones we know about: Extra TV, larger 15,000 AC, colors, etc. Significant customization in this case is not practical, being outside the scope of what they do.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum