Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 07:15 PM   #8
IDguy

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk4lb@hotmail.com View Post
Have a 2015 Chateau 31W. Going to Alaska and probably do some boon docking. Since this unit has a home frig I would like to add extra batteries so I can go longer between charging....etc. I have read that it can handle 4 batteries....how can this be done??????
I’ve done the Alaska road trip twice in the last five years. And plan to go again in June. Battery capacity not a concern.

You’d do fine with two high quality new batteries. Alaska requires a lot of driving. It will keep your batteries charged.

You might do better with 100-200 watts of solar if not convinced. Likely plenty of daylight when you’ll go. Amount of clouds and rain depends on your route but I understand solar works fine with clouds.

Not sure how much power a residential fridge demands but it will be fine. If necessary you can run gen a couple of hours and it will stay fine for eight hours of more if you leave the door shut. Need to leave it off eight hours with propane if you take the ferry. Alaska temperatures are cool.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum