Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Wintering
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 01:32 AM   #34
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Doesn't seem to matter where I park to avoid winter - it's freezing spirit always catches up to me. Some of you may remember how last year I began my RVing life jus four hours before the January "Snowpocalypse".

After spending most of last winter dodging storms & hanging out like a proverbial icesicle in 15 degree weather at various Wallmarts & famcamps (while trying to sell house on the East Coast), I convinced myself I'd never get stuck in below freezing temps ever again. You ol' timers are sure to know how that turned out, right?

I began this fall in Texas, but then the temps started heading towards the freezing mark, so I pulled stakes & headed off to Quartzite for warmer temps, but again those winter temps followed me.

I decided to spend a little extra money to insure I'd stay warm (& visit family), by heading to Northern California for the holidays & I parked at the usual military famcamps. Expensive, but where else could I be certain winter wouldn't catch me?

Well, I enjoyed a couple of weeks of nice afternoons & endured some barely above freezing temps each morning, but convinced myself it was the worse that winter could throw at me this year. Alas, winter still had other plans for me...

Tonight's forecasts all call for below freezing! I may be done with winter - I even declared victory last spring & drove on - but it seems winter didn't hear the trumpets call retreat last spring, so I might as well accept the fact that winter's never done with me...

My advice for anyone fulltiming this winter - if you happen to see me camped somewhere in your general vicinity, jus drive on by - because you can bet "winter is coming" after me & you might get snowed in as collateral damage! Now, where did I stow that waterpipe heating cord that I never intended on using again?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191007_085158.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	21965

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.