Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 02:01 PM   #18
WearyTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
Two things cause this. One is a faulty Anderson valve and the other is a bad water pump check valve. First time in my now former fifth wheel was the Anderson valve. The second time it was the water pump check valve. The fist time I removed the Anderson valve center stem. One of the seals was crumpled up and out of position. After that I took it apart once a year and lubed it with plumbers grease. Worked smoothly after that. The second time I was on a trip and took the stem out of the Anderson valve and found that it was fine. So I purchased an external check valve as a quick fix and put it in line with the water pump. Fixed the problem. I do not know any other reason the fresh water tank would fill except for these two failures. Those without an Anderson valve would not under stand and those with a separate external not integrated fresh water tank fill would not as well.
Where did you install the check valve? In doing so, did the CV stop something that would normally have allowed water to flow? Basically, did all the functions of the Kantleak still work as designed?

If the inbound Kantleak doesn’t solve my issue then I may have to use your workaround. Which check valve did you use? A picture would be greatly appreciated. I’d like to duplicate your solution.
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum