Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 02:42 AM   #205
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Everything runs through my inverter.
Thus, even if hooked to shore power, the batteries run everything.
The kids turned the 1500w heater full blast and ran the microwave and TV and lights.
It dropped the batteries low enough(12.1v) everything kicked off and the shore power wouldn't activate the charger. I had to kick start it all with a 60 year old Sears 10amp analog charger. It only dumped 4amps, but it got the relay or whatever was the problem to release. A new digital charger flipped itself off and on and wouldn't stay in charge mode. The overhead bunk was down so I didn't try the chassis battery to see what was up with it.

A glitch of some sort or they turned off the charger, I'll have it looked at during the spring thaw and I'll probably change my idea of running it all through the batteries, and have the switches rewired.

Anyway, charger built into the inverter goes up to 150 amp. It went up to 123amps during this little stress test. Batteries barely even warmed from 54° to never hitting 66° they're just two cheap cheap 24 series. I expected a Squat load of heat... Heat never happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1228191451.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	21980  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum