Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 08:17 PM   #17
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Since you're open to ideas :
Etrailer sells a dandily made FRONT HITCH for $109 shipped. I was very very impressed with the build and ease of install (30 minutes) but ultimately had to go with a custom front hitch due to my front coil springs being changed to leaf springs when I did the four wheel drive conversion.

It'd be a fine place to mount a bike rack.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28...run-18996.html

The above link has information on front hitches both ready made and custom built.

Here's mine in the picture. I opted to raise it high and behind the grill since mine isn't for bikes or anything other than emergency use at speeds where opening the hood isn't an issue. The Etrailer unit hides behind and accesses from behind your front license plate.
(also a good place to hook to for a quick tow when stuck)

(people have asked about the light bar. It shines through the bottom slot of the grill and makes a block of light like something out of the Tron movie.)

Click the picture, then click the pop up picture to go full size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1231191311a.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	22006  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.