Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Aria 4000???
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 10:30 PM   #20
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Winters View Post
... I was struggling to get up to about 45 mph on regular inclines throughout town...nothing crazy steep. Is this normal for this large of a coach? I knew it wouldn’t accelerate like a car up a hill, but I expected it to have a little more pep. Is there a potential maintenance issue, or is it more likely I am just not used to driving such a large vehicle?
well, it's hard to know what YOU mean by the terms 'struggling' and 'regular inclines', as everyone has a differing perception of what they 'expect' with a large diesel coach. What are you comparing your experience to? What 'inclines' are you referring to?
Diesels are about torque, not speed, though once up to speed, they can certainly do anything most any other diesel vehicle can do.

You also have two settings on your ALLISON Transmission gear shift pad, with 'Normal' as the default, and pushing the 'MODE' button to enter the 'ECONOMY' setting, which simply shifts gears a little earlier and seems to provide better fuel mileage, yet will not 'speed' up the mountains as 'normal' setting would be better suited for.

Are you towing?

Are you full loaded?

What 'town' are you referring to?
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.