Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 11:07 PM   #9
aa0ri

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arizona
THOR #6311
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdpinokc View Post
Recommendations on TPMS for 2018 Vegas? Main interest is if there is ample space for screw on sensors.
As a person who spent nearly 30 years in the tire industry, I don't recommend valve extensions to anyone. Many run flat tire failures are caused by leaky valve extensions, they don't stay reliably tight and the rubber parts fail. It just gives you 1 more place to fail. I ground a little metal off wheel covers around the front valve stems for clearance. You should re balance the tires with the tpms installed anyway, the metal removal is more than off set by the weight of the monitors. I have saved the front ends of 2 cars because of tpms alerts in my motor home, I wouldn't drive with out them. Buy long dually valves to replace the short ones instead of extenders, you can't go wrong.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.