Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Keyless entry
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 02:42 AM   #17
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
You are correct about the original lock being larger than the RvLock. I will address it later with touch-up paint. I will find an automotive paint supplier and have them match the paint. On mine it is the painted area and not a sticker. Mine is a Palazzo 33.2.

When I installed the lock, I made the mistake of setting the keys in the rig and closing the door. I used the key pad to lock and then unlock. The door would not completely unlock. With a good flashlight I was able to see the latch slide almost open. I have an "L" shaped narrow tool that was just able to slide into the gap between the frame and the door. Pushed on the end of the latch and it cleared. A nice file made the clearance necessary for it to function. If I had kept the keys in my pocket, they would have slid the latch fully open. I know since I tried it. The FOB works well too.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.