Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 04:54 PM   #72
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Manufacturing for the 2021 E-Series was suppose to start yesterday, 1/2/20, so I did a quick search to see if it had remained on schedule. I didn’t find much, but ran across a Canadian dealer that has the “build and price” on their web site.

Anyway, pricing on some options I’d want if buying a new E-Series are very interesting, although there is no telling if RV manufacturers will spec their chassis with any of these options. Price should be Canadian but I’m not 100% certain.

For RV applications what has interested me most was the promise of dual alternator option, provided cost of option was kept low, and Ford hasn’t disappointed (I hope it’s not a misprint because it’s so inexpensive). Upgrading to a 240 Amp alternator is listed at $160, and upgrading to 240/157 Amp alternators $320. Even if in US dollars that’s a bargain, although in the past many volume RV manufacturers keep cost as low as possible by going with the standard lower-Amp alternator.

I hope that at least on motorhomes like the generator-free Coachmen Cross Trek line they include dual alternators for faster battery recharging. This could make a more cost-effective poor-man’s version of the ~ $25k lithium packages.

The Driver Assist Technology Package is listed at $1,700, which isn’t bad for what it includes.

An option I had not seen mentioned before is the driver-side exhaust pipe (late availability) option. This could come in handy if anyone was planning to idle engine while parked and sitting outside. I’m not sure I’d want this at all with driver-side slide, but for slide-less motorhomes it may help keep exhaust away from sidewalks, or campers under awning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	99FADA8E-34B0-4D28-81E4-EF8EEC09B0B4.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	22052  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum