Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: F53 heater fan?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 08:31 PM   #6
MTHook

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
So while I was under the dash I decided to take a look to see why the driver side get very little air/heat. To look at the area near the heater required removal of the built in desk on the passenger side, of course I took out the screws on the bottom of the hinges and one was so crooked I had to remove the upper hinge to get the desk out of the way for the screw to be removed.
Once that was cleared up I got the 110 outlet loose, the 12v cig lighter proved to be hard because they didn't allow any extra wire to get a hand in to disconnect. Usesd a long screw driver and popped them off, easy peezy. Problem came when reinstalling, I couldn't get a hand in so I added 6" of wire. got it bad together. Still haven't found a reason to the low flow. I feel sure it's because they used too much hose to get from point A to Point B. I looked at the vent at the windshield and it had 3 bends it didn't need, The problem fixing it was the air box under the dash is screwed in from the bottom, without much room to get them out or remove and shorten the hose.
I'll pack extra socks for the winter drives and sandals for summer
End of rant

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum