Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Hello All...
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 01:43 AM   #29
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Like our ACE

2018 ACE 27.2 here. Bought it used it was a rental for the dealer we purchased from. Most of the bugaboos were taken care of in the two seasons that the dealer had it out for rent. Only issue we had is the step motor crapped out and I, on the first trip and not used to the extra 2' height of the class A, wiped out the TV antenna on some low branches.
Did the CHF on front and rear, only suspension mod so far. I do have a front Trac bar to install that I ordered from Roadmaster after our extended trip last fall. I feel that upgrade will make the rig behave a little better on our crappy rut tracked highways. I don't understand why the 16000 lb chassis doesn't have one from factory and the 18000 and up do. Must of saved Thor $200
We have the ACE set up to flat tow our 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. The V10 has had no problems hauling the 4500 lb SUV at least around the Midwest and through the Smokies in TN and N.C. Next summer the Rockies will put the rig to the test.
I like the coach very much, the wife not so much. For 10 years we camped and traveled in a 22' Gulfstream B+ all controls were down low as were the cabinets, easy for my 4'11" DW to access. On the ACE 27.2 the control panel for kitchen slide, gen start, HWH switch and tank gauges are located high above the entry way above the steps, making accessibility for the wife virtually impossible. No way to put a step stool on the stairs. In addition the overhead bunk controller is on the opposite side also above the steps and darn near impossible for her to reach. Also with the added interior height of the class A lots of the overhead cabinets are difficult for her to access. I guess we should have researched these points closer before we purchased. (I operated all the controls during the PDI)
I am now looking at the AXIS this winter as the controls appear, at least on the vids I have seen online, more user friendly for shorter folks. In fact it is the inaccessibility of the gen start that is the wife's biggest complaint and on the AXIS 24.1 it appears it can be started on the dash as well as in the bedroom.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum