Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 05:28 AM   #70
Handy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Thor Outlaw 29J
State: California
THOR #16597
I installed the Fox steering stabilizer with the Weldtec kit. Interestingly one of the issues I noticed after the lift is that there is heavier steering. It is harder to move the steering wheel. Jeremy noticed it also and suggested that I could experiment with disconnecting the stabilizer to see how it affects the heavy steering. Jeremy also told me that the stabilizer has 20psi in it and I could try dropping it to 10psi. He also suggested that I could disconnect the sway bar to see how it affects that bump steer. I have not had the opportunity to experiment but my gut feeling is that the stabilizer and sway bar are a good thing to have. When Jeremy installs these lift kits on the vans he eliminates the sway bars because they limit suspension travel and he thinks they handle very well without the sway bar. I will definitely try it out one of these days.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum