Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 02:28 PM   #3
WearyTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
On my Challenger if I used the bypass function on the Kantleak it did the same thing as if I used the bypass valves at the water heater. If the Kantleak is in bypass you will not be able to fill the hot water tank. One thing to keep in mind is when using the Kantleak bypass there will still be water left in the lines going from the Kantleak to the WH. I always used the valves at the WH for that reason.

I never tore mine about so I can't tell you about the connections and I no longer have the Challenger to look. My current coach uses the Nautilus P3 system.
Thank you for the response! That’s what I thought as well. Putting the Kantleak in bypass still left water in the to and from WH lines. That would need to be drained as well. Why not just put the WH in bypass since it has the valves already.
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum