Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 10:53 PM   #21
blj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22FE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #15560
1.T ry to use the slides when plugged into AC or using the generator. Thor has changed the behavior of the 2020's to reflect that.
2. If your stove or sink are in the slide just beware that there may be lines that could become kinked, just something to watch for.
3. Maintain those slides and their gaskets.
4. Maintain your roof to prevent leaks. I will defer to these guys for a brand name of caulk, but make sure it is compatible with your roof, most likely TPO. You do not want to put any caulk in that area that will damage the membrane.
5. Have a roadside assistance plan just in case for an RV. This is not a vehicle that is so easy to just change a tire and some will also offer emergency assistance at the campsite if you have an awning or slide issue that you cannot correct yourself. Good Sam is the largest that serves the RV base and seems to have the most contacts for any given area.
6. Purchase a water pressure regulator to protect the coaches plumbing...They are cheap and usually in the aisle with the water hoses.
7. Just in case if you are going to be away from the coach turn off the water at the spigot. This just avoids something unforseen happening like a flooded coach if a water line ruptures.
8. Make sure and purchase RV toilet paper.
9. Consider purchasing an RV surge protector. They are cheaper than the damage done by surges in campgrounds. About 80.00 vs the cost to repair the electric system.
10. Purchase some spare RV fuses. You can get a mixed small kit from Amazon.
11. If you have a passenger side bathroom (I do) be aware that you probably have an extra dump valve somewhere under the coach near that bathroom. Some leave it open, but I learned from here to close it. It makes dumping easier and reduces the stress on the pipes under the coach. I like to avoid the "Poo Disaster".
12. If you going to long term in an RV park and plan on cable you will need the cable to run from the coach cable jack to the park jack (most likely).
13. Make sure the park grants you the long term rate if that is the case. They may have sites specifically for that purpose. You probably want to avoid the hassle of moving it all the time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum