Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:12 PM   #3
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
interesting question, as while I don't have one in my Palazzo, and am probably glad I didn't fall into that year model's introduction to them, I installed two in my cabin in the mountains...

and, as while there was an existing 30amp tankless 'under sink' model that was existing, but had not been winterized by the previous owners, and had split a copper tube inside, I replaced it while also adding a TANKED 120v 4gal water heater, with the 'tankless' version plumbed to the 'cold' side of a new SHOWER I installed, and the traditional water heater plumbed to the HOT side of the new shower.

I knew that the undersink tankless variety would probably not serve a shower, and decided that rather than buying a totally different heater 'just' for the new shower, I instead used the combination of the two different types, giving me two 'small' units, rather than the traditional large tank of how water, since I had little room to store any such large device in the small bathroom closet.

and, since NO ONE likes a cold shower, and really, if you think about about it, 'why' do you even need a COLD side to a shower, I plumbed these so that the 'cold' side is really more of a lukewarm water from the tankless unit, and the HOT, really hot!, water is from the tanked unit.

works great, but, yes, you have to get the HOT water side going, then add the 'lukewarm' side to offset the heat...
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.