Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 04:38 AM   #29
Mr.Good

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Ventana LE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabs4 View Post
Don’t connect to the sewer at a campground and keep your black and gray water tank valves open. You will end up with a big stinky mess in your tanks. Watch some videos on dumping. You will want lots of water mixed in before you dump. Open the gray tank valve for a brief time to ensure there are no leaks and close it. Then follow the procedure for dumping the black and then gray tank. We are also newbies, so this is the main thing I could think of.

Welcome to the forum! These people here are awesome! We have learned so much from them!

Pam
Brother in law told me the same thing. You can hookup the all the hoses, but don’t dump the black tank until it’s 2/3 full. That way you always know there’s sufficient quantity to drain properly. Took his advice and I’ve never had any problems.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum