Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
USS Backyard

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: California
THOR #12735
Tank-less Water Heater Lesson Learned

For about a year I’ve had a rather irritating issue with my tank-less water heater in my 2018 24FE Freedom Elite.

Sometimes the water heater would work just fine, and other times it wouldn’t. When it wasn’t working the water flow from the hot water tap would be just a trickle.
At first, I thought it was a supply pressure problem. So, when I took it into Camping World to have it looked (which is a whole other story) just happened to be one of the times it decided to work. Their technicians looked it over and said everything was working fine.

But the very next time we went out, no hot water. It was weird, it didn’t matter it we were hooked up to city water or running the pump. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
I started to think the flow metering valve at the inlet to the water heater was bad, since I was getting good supply flow to the inlet. But just a trickle at the water heater outlet. Yesterday when I was looking at what it would take to replace the flow metering valve, I discovered the inlet water screen somehow obstructing the flow, it wasn’t clogged up with junk but rather jammed up in the line. Once I pulled the screen out, BAM! I’ve got all the hot water I need.
Something like a little wire screen that was the cause of so much frustration, reminding me of the joys of owning a RV.

Current Rig - 2018 Freedom Elite 24FE
Former Rig - 2009 Bounder 35J
USS Backyard is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.