Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 07:34 PM   #1
Full Moon Milt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34J
State: South Carolina
THOR #13131
electrical issues with Hurricane 34L 2015

I replaced one of the house batteries on my 2015 Hurricane.
There are 2 12 volt house batteries. One had a bad cell and I replaced that battery. 3 cells on the other battery were low on water and I filled them.
I have replace the batteries before with no issues. This time I had to replace the solenoid ( because I don't know how to spell trom.....)that lets the alternator charge the house batteries. when we started the motor with the new solenoid installed the motor ran for a few minutes and then cut off. did this 2 times. Checked the solenoid and it was hot. Also I have no power to the batteries. I have checked every fuse and breaker except the ones under the hood. All are good.

Before my annual bicycle ride from Greenville to Maine for cancer I charged the batteries with a new charger. It has auto 6 and 2 amp charge and a 20 amp charge. It used the 20 amp to charge the batteries and turned off automatically. We had issues with the house batteries not charging on that trip as we had to keep jumping the generator off if we didn't turn it on about every 1.5 to 2 hours.

Any ideas as to what is happening?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum