Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #23
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Impressive floor plans and power train for sure. We looked briefly at one - don’t recall the model - but the GVWR and CCC didn’t make sense for us. And, at least without a hard negotiation session, they seemed pretty salty. Still, I’d like to hear more “field reports”.

I have a 2020 Magnitude SV34 w/ 4x4. The difference between my unladen weight and GVWR is 2166lbs. I have not gotten weighed yet with a full load but I am not too worried.

We have only been out 2 or 3 times but there is plenty of power and the F-550 chassis is very stout. I was very impressed with the handling and power during the test drive and it has not disappointed on the trips we have taken so far.

One of the reasons why I traded in my 2018 Outlaw 29H was weight. The regular Class C's are on LT tires that are not meant to carry heavy loads all the time. The weak link is the GVWR rating is the tires (yes... you have to worry about axles, breaks, etc.) but they should be able to handle a little more than the GVWR rating but the tires are dangerous close to their limits when you drive it off the lot.... IMHO.

The garage in my 29H was rated for 1500lbs. When I loaded my Spyder (which weighed 1000lbs) and had a full load I was 1000lbs over GVWR! The garage structurally may be able to handle 1500lbs but the rest of the coach would have to be empty to keep it under the GVWR.

I installed heavy duty sway bars, Sumo Springs and steering stabilizer to fix the handling issues even without any load. I was then going to install a set of Commercial rated Goodyear tires that would have have been able to handle about 4000lbs more than the stock tires and designed to carry heavy loads all the time. But after we realized the floor plan was not going to work for 3 - 4 month trips, we opted to move to a Super C.

The Magnitude is on 19.5" tires rated to carry heavy loads all the time so I am not concerned about a blowout from being overloaded. I have a TPMS on it and also purchased the Cross-Fire equalization kit for the dually's that I will install this spring.

I will have more reports in the spring when we get back out on the road but so far I am very pleased with the Magnitude. It is also a bonus I won't have to spend the time and money upgrading the suspension like I did with the Outlaw.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.