Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 01:29 AM   #21
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkapala View Post
I have a recently purchased (used) 2013 Thor ACE 29.1. There are two 12V cig/power outlets on the dash, with wires attached, but it appears to me that they have never been connected to power. There is a fuse F17 "Power Point" in the RV Custom Products BCC (Battery Control Center) box in the engine compartment. The fuse is OK, and should be the one for those outlets. But it's associated with the P4 accessory connector, which does not have any mating connector or wiring harness. I suspect that this would only be provided if the original owner had ordered a higher-level accessories package, which this coach does not have. So apparently it's possible that even though some items may be there, they were not necessarily ever wired or made to work, depending on the accessories package that the coach was ordered with.

Well I can't be sure since my 2013 ACE Cigar lighter outlets have not blown a fuse.....yet. Looking at the Ford 2012 Stripped Chassis Manual on line (for 2013 Thor coach build).....shows fuse 22 in the Power Distribution Box (in engine bay about center firewall above the rad) is labelled Cigar Lighter (20 Amp Maxi)..... and it may also power the OBD2 connector under the steering column. This a guess because on many Class A coaches Thor wires many items with their folks not Ford. So try it and let us know what you find out. By the way I am attaching a picture of the fuse designation and a picture of how to get into the PDbox.....it can be hard to see where the release tab is (assuming yours is the same as my 30.1).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cigar Lighter Fuse.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	22121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Only One Clip Releases the Lid.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	22122  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.