Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #4
rook

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #17604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
I have an Invisibrake on my Cherokee. I like the system as its plug and play.
I am wondering if the size and weight of the F250 is the restriction on why Roadmaster doesn't recommend it. The unit uses vacumm to pull a cable that pulls the toads brake pedal down. Is 250's brake system be too stiff for the control unit? Could cable length from brake pedal to control be a factor? Weight of the toad might factor, how much does a 250 weigh?
Those are about the only things I can think of that might restrict the Invisibrake from your application. I am interested to hear the Roadmaster response as to why they don't recommend their product for the F250.
They recommend the brake master

Quote:
If you happen to have air brakes or hydraulic brakes we would recommend going with the brake master for that set up. The invisibrake is meant for smaller vehicles maxing out at F150's or 1500's it's just not recommended. Also, if the F250 happens to be a diesel the Invisibrake will definitely not work with it.
I bought the RVi brake3.

I haven’t considered the brakemaster, my biggest concern was engine braking... since I wouldn’t be applying the brake.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.