Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 02:51 PM   #4651
WearyTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I had purchased the screens that attached with springs to the outside, didn’t like them. I was looking thru posts one day and came across the idea from another member. I used heavy duty tin snips to cut up the screens I already had, take your time doing this and wear gloves, the ends of the screen wire are very sharp. I used stainless steel safety wire to hold everything in place. (The safety wire is the kind used to secure nuts and bolts. Took one afternoon to do everything.
I’d like to do this as well, but I think I read somewhere (maybe even in this forum) that putting screens over the exhaust vents wasn’t a good idea.
What could “go wrong” when you put screens in like this?
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum