Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 07:23 PM   #7
Calico

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I've already seen a few videos of 18-wheelers traveling too fast for conditions (snow, fog, ice, heavy rain, etc.) and having stuff like that happen. I'm not sure what is going through their head when they drive like that in poor visibility.
There is a VERY noticeable drop in the quality of truck drivers on the highways these days. When I was young (MANY moons ago) my trucker daddy told me that if ever I were caught in a snow-storm while on the highway, I was to plant myself behind a big rig and I'll get to safety every time. These days, I'm seeing rude, crude, non-English-speaking, non-bathing and certifiably insane drivers behind the wheel of those big rigs. It's like there is no longer any sort of vetting process when it comes to hiring by transportation outfits! Not too long ago, Hubby and I were returning from Indiana on our motorcycles, in a storm (how fun is THAT?!) and were stuck behind a semi-truck driving in the left lane on 65, side-by-side with another truck, for over 5 MILES! When he did finally get back into the right lane and we were able to pass him, along with a long line of cars, he was LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF AT US! What sort of jackass does that?! My daddy was surely rolling over in his grave.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum