Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 01:36 AM   #18
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Turner=If wired to code ALL microwaves are required to be on an individual dedicated circuit.
thanks Bill, you're right... my brain was thinking RESIDENTIAL FRIDGE, while my fingers were typing MICROWAVE... yes, here's the layout of my panel and sub-panel(inverter circuits)... regardless of whether on Shore Power, Generator power, or just the Inverter, ALL outlets in the coach are always powered.

I noticed that the term 'tv recepts' might refer to outlets for 'tvs only', but it's really just another term to differentiate it from the other label 'Gen recepts', which is not for 'generator', but for 'general'...
what I've found is that these two circuits simply handle all of the outlets in the coach, generally one for one 'side' of the coach, and the other for the outlets on the other 'side', while the 'GFCI recepts' handles near in/near the kitchen, one in the bath(main reset), and the one in the outside compartment.

interesting,too, that while the main panel has a circuit labeled 'Inverter', it feeds the Inverter's Battery Charger, and the Inverter's output then feeds the sub-panel thru the 'Main Pole' breaker - the pass thru 120v power when on Shore Power, or Generator - via a 'reverse' feed from the BOTTOM of this 'main pole' 30a breaker to it's own Power buss bar that the 4 sub-panel circuits then are powered from. : )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Palazzo electric panel and sub panel labels.png
Views:	99
Size:	643.3 KB
ID:	22176  
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.