Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 07:20 PM   #11
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
You've come and gone from the forum..sometime for months, but we knew you were out there somewhere doing what we dream of. How's your mom? Where are you now and where are you going next? Are you still in California? We'll be full time in PCB within the next 30 days...maybe we'll see you there soon? Probably gonna hit the road to tame the Wild, Wild West by April/May.
Hey Gritz! I'd love to see y'all. Yep, dropped off the face of the Earth for about 4 months w/out real internet while hosting at Big Bend. Thanks for asking about my family. My mom is still in a rather fragile condition. I came out here again to spend time w/her, in time for the holidays, but then got somewhat stuck here...

Seems this soldier girl managed to have a heart attack without even feeling it, survived it (Captain Obvious, that's me), & finally found out it happened during a health appt at the VA here.

Soooo, now everyone from family to doctors are runnin around like the proverbial Chicken Little yellin about the sky fallin & making me jump thru all the normal diagnostic hoops. I have jus one more (I think), an echocardiagram, this week.

I hope that's it, because this is a nightmare state to get stuck in fulltiming on a limited budget. Wally Worlds in this area dont permit overnights, same w/Cracker Barrel. Truck stops are few & far between. Street parking is illegal (but I can pitch a tent on someone's front lawn & stay w/impunity for months on end, go figure). Even FamCamps are more expensive here & have more limited stay allowances.

If I get a green light from the VA drs, I have another camp host gig nearby with Corps of Engineers starting around April. That was already set up for this spring, but I had expected to wait out winter in a Quartzite long term campsite or return to do some back country work in Big Bend.

Instead, I'm hanging out mostly at Beale. I'm cutting it close with extended FamCamp stays & once I've used up my allowed stays (or finances, whichever comes 1st), I will be in a fix if the doctors don't want to cut me loose. Whatever happens, though, it's jus another fulltiming happy camper adventure...!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum