Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 07:55 PM   #1
lmichel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #10644
I want to move my outlets to the inverter

I boondock about half the time and I'm pretty tired of having a single (convenient) outlet available when on battery. I have tons of solar and no worries about accelerated battery drain. Besides my horrible whirlpool residential is the real hog anyway!

I'm educated enough to know that I can't go running my Vitamix or a hair dryer on my inverter.

Here's what I wanna do:
Take the main feed at the shore power breaker box for the "General Outlets" and reroute it down to the inverter where my TVs, Fridge and that one outlet are connected.

What's stopping me:
Well, I'm confused that there is a breaker for the TVs in the shore power panel and another run coming from the inverter. Is that what this B.I.R.D (transfer switch thing) is handling? So power never feeds back? I don't need two separate runs for the "General Outlets" too, do I?
I don't care that the inverter will always need to be on when I want power at the outlets. The Fridge is that way anyway..

I have a 2016 Outlaw 37RB. Anybody ever pull a shorepower feed and get it down and over there by the inverter in the basement? How'd you run it?

Oh!, last thing... I never plan to run anything more than a laptop and/or lamp on those outlets. So....maybe 2 or 3 amps.

Thanks all!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum