Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #16
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
I noticed the Vegas didn't have the 24.2 listed a while back ... and was thinking wow, good thing we got one while still available!

While the tailgater target demographic does make sense, that's far from how we looked at the floor plan. Consider many short RVs don't have dedicated beds unless it's one over the cab or tucked in a corner. It was Thor who 1yr ago finally offered, at least some of us, another choice on how & where to utilize that extra bit of length a dedicated easy in/out of bed access added to an RV length. Compromises and points of view ...
I agree that as a motorhome is made smaller, and hence space becomes more of a premium, that even more compromise has to be made. I also agree that giving up dedicated beds is a common one. Practically all Class B van campers don't have a dedicated bed, and for good reason -- there would be too little space left.

The picture I posted above of a short Class C is a good example of having to compromise sleeping space in order to get length down to 19 feet. I realized that the Thor Chateau 19G is the same unit Cruise America rents as their smallest motorhome. That unit is about 6 feet shorter than most Axis/Vegas floorplans, so it's easy to see that a bedroom is out of the question.

In looking at the 19G floorplan, I think I would have a much harder time accepting the wet bath than the lack of a permanent bed. I don't mind turning a couch or dinette into a bed every night, but a tiny wet bath is a deal breaker. Like you say, different points of view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	1072  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum