Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 08:04 PM   #10
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmichel View Post
These are some wonderful ideas. As a matter of fact, I have a spare 3000W true sine wave Xantrex that I was holding off using until I also get 400Ah of LiFepo4 (BattleBorns or Renogys). At that point, I was going to switch out the whole system. ie: out with the Xantrex XM1800 and Trojan T-145s..
I was kinda waiting for the day that the T-145s start to fail.

BUT.....

Maybe I could *add* the 3000W Xantrex and Lithium Iron Phosphates as a separate source? Although I'm not sure why I would want to do that.. Sure seems like overkill to me

Yes, it looks like my ClassA Outlaw is setup exactly as you guys describe. No subpanel out of the inverter. Just a junction box all wirecapped inside.
The fridge power is even hardwired straight from the inverter to a dedicated outlet. No breaker. And I bought this 37RB NEW from Camping World in 2016.

So the main panel breaker marked "Refridge" was very confusing.
Upon further investigation, that main panel Refridge breaker does NOTHING. There are no wires to it. And then I realized why. The other Outlaw ClassA model has an "outdoor kitchen". Wanna bet that kitchen option includes a second fridge!?

So Now I feel better knowing that there is no weird stuff going on with duplicate circuits - like I thought to the fridge.

I think my plan should be to install a subpanel in the basement very close to the inverter. Split those wirecapped circuits (TVs, Fridge, Convenience outlet) into a set of breakers. Add an extra breaker for the "General Outlets". The inverter has it's own transfer switch, so they'll run when on shore power.

Right around the time I get that complete, the T-145s will start to fail and I'll be swapping everything out! LOL

Thanks for the excellent pointers and ideas!

My Magnitude has the 2000W Xantrex and it is wired directly to the Refrigerator (inside and outside) and to a couple TV outlets as well. They did not use a subpanel with a breaker for the output of the Inverter as they really should have. I can turn the breaker off to the Inverter and that will kill the power to the Fridge and TV's if the Inverter is switched off.

At least on my Outlaw 29H, they wired the Inverter powered outlets to the optional Inverter's GFCI outlet circuit and that had it's own built-in circuit breaker. On the Magnitude they used no circuit protection on the output circuit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.