Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 11:42 PM   #9
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
yes, I bet you could if you have the time, effort, and thought to do it - it's just plumbing.

I wondered this the other day, as my two sons, who take up the camper next to our motorhome, have the Hott Rod in their 6 gallon water heater. Both complain at times that if they get in too shortly behind the other the water is lukewarm too quickly.

Dad wants to help, so I thought about what the 'easiest' and most 'economical'(cheap) thing could be done.
- add an 'inline' tankless water heater. Maybe, but it would be either too expensive, or it may have issues with water pressure. Will it be propane, or electric? Hmmmm.

- maybe add an 'inline' 'tanked' water heater, one of the Bosch 4 or 7 gallon types, which are 120v powered, but would hold a fair amount of heated water to compensate for the 6 gallon unit already installed. Would it be installed 'upstream', or 'downstream' of the current water heater?

- try to customize a plan: use a water heater circulating pump(found one for about $99 at lowes), and pair that with a water tank to hold the circulating 'hot' water. The original Hott Rod would be making all the hot water, but the pump would be circulating it thru the lines and the 'new' water tank. But, finding a 'water tank' for hot water is not a simple task. Still haven't found one the 'size' you would want, or any type of tank that would be 'lined' for hot water. This may wind up costing more than just adding a larger type of 'instant' water heater.

hmmmmm..... still thinking this thru....
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.