Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 03:05 AM   #9
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
Things just got more interesting with the Whirlpool residential refrigerator in our RV. I have Sears Service Rep. coming out to do a diagnostic on it. I also found out that this particular refrigerator is basically a ship in a bottle. It is too big to get out of the RV without having to perform some sort of deconstruction. I was first made aware of this possibility by my RV Storage Facility. They had a customer with a brand new RV with a bad residential refer. In order to replace it they either had to remove a slide or the front window. Holy Sheet!
I removed my refer from the cabinet and removed its doors. The depth of it with coils attached is about 1/4” less than the RV entry door flange. I may be able to remove it if I release the shock absorber on the door and remove the hand hold which both further obstruct the opening. I’ll probably have to use some Vaseline as well!
Update...
Sears Service came out today to diagnose and provide a quote. Diagnosis is the compressor is nearing complete failure. Repair estimate is $955. For parts, labor, fees and taxes. I could buy two brand new Whirlpool refrigerators just like it for that price. My Good Sam Extended Service Policy authorized the repair and will mail me a check when it’s completed. I’m happy that they are going to pay for it but sheesh! The Customer Service at the Insurance Co for Good Sam was excellent. Happy Trails

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.