Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 09:16 PM   #2
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Ok, I searched and cannot find this issue or looked at wrong threads. 2014 Hurricane 34E.

To start tale: I turn on coach with use/store button, lites come on, no shore power, no generator, no big engine running. Power switches off after 15 seconds. Shore power would not work. If I start generator as soon as power comes up it will die when batteries die. I start big engine lites work.
I called RV mobile, folks came and determined converter was not working and changed converter.
I left plugged in to shore overnite and went back and tried again. Same result when I unplugged the shore power. If I started generator before loss of power, lites work and continue to work. Lites work on shore power. I am assuming converter is working now. But coach will not operate on just battery power.
Batteries are 6 months old Interstate deep cycle and sitting around 12.8 to 13.1 volts. Water is full as I have automatic watering and I have checked them anyways.
I am confused. Any ideas? I read of a solenoid switch but cannot find mine so cannot check yet. Transfer switch and converter were under bed but did not see a solenoid.
Any help appreciated. Thx, Dennis.
Please explain. What in the coach doesn't operate? Is battery disconnect ON? You are hard to follow.

What are you calling POWER? 120 volt or 12 volt?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.