Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 11:09 PM   #15
hikerjohn7

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #12281
Loose Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
What type of mirror is it?
I had a shaky Drivers Side Mirror and was ablle to fix it by tightening the Allen Screws at the end of the neck under the mirror assembly. My mirrors are the chrome electric adjustable mirrors. If you look just below the mirror assembly where it connects to the arm you will see some (three) inset Allen Screws. You might only be able to access one of them with your Allen Wrench. Loosen the accessible screw (Set screw) and that will allow you to rotate the mirror assembly. Rotate the assembly and tighten the other two Allen Screws now that they are accessible. Once they are tight then rotate the mirror assembly to its original position and retighten the original Allen Screw that you first loosened (set screw) you’re done. Happy Travels
Yes mine has those Allen screws too but my mirror was loose where it attached to the outer wall of the RV. The right mirror had loosened but the left was firmly mounted. And when I tried to tighten the screws going though the mirror mount flange, they were stripped in the wall. I could not see into the small screw hole to tell the condition of the luan wood layer in the wall. Fortunately I think I caught it and resealed it soon enough that the wall had not suffered any serious delamination. My rig is a 2017 Jayco Precept and unfortunately I don't that model incorporated the new Azdel water resistant synthetic material to replace the luan wood. I read where Coachman is now using Azdel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum