Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 12:56 AM   #3
John & Diane

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinetools1 View Post
We have a 2019 Thor Windsport 29m. We are looking into getting a spare to carry. We have the F53 chassis with 19.5 × 6.75 × 10 bolt 225 MM. It see m.h a difficult and expensive to locate a rim. I was wondering for a spare and in a pinch how come you could not use the more available 19.5 × 6.0 × 10 bolt 225 mm rim. I understand it's not the same size but would the .375 on each side really matter.

I used a 225 on the 6" wheel as a spare for 4 years until I was able to find a 6.75 wheel. a friend who owns a truck tire shop suggested this as an alternative until w could find the correct wheel. He instructed me that in the event of a rear wheel flat I should use a wheel from the front to replace that one and then put the 225 on the front. Only drive that way until you can get a correct tire mounted. Hopefully the rim was not damaged!

I recently found a source for the correct 6.75 wide wheel at www.wheelsnowinc.com . They are located in Waukesha WI, phone 800-782-5145. The cost was $137.00 plus $37.00 freight to Ohio. I bought the wheel on 11/6/19 and received it about a week later.

Their description is "19.50 x 6.75 10H on 8.85 bolt circle- motorhome wheel" Accuride 29879

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum