Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 11:56 AM   #13
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmichel View Post
I picked up a small load center box with two spaces and a couple of 15A breakers.
I took the output of the inverter and ran it straight to the load center. One breaker for the TVs & General outlets and the other for the fridge.
I hooked the fridge back up, but now through a breaker.
Then I ran some 14-2 wirecaped from where I pulled the run that used to go to the shorepower breaker. The other end connects to the "TVs and General Outlets" breaker in the new load center. I pulled the old 15A breaker in the shore power panel and put a blank back in..

The general outlets now work off of the inverter
I figured some 10-2 from the inverter to the new load center (about 3 ft) would be plenty for the two 15A breakers. Especially since the inverter has it's own breaker that would trip after 16A

Everything seems to work fine. I left the GFI Recepts on shore power. They are near the kitchen and the bathroom - where blenders and hair dryers might get plugged in.. That way, no one will come along and trip the inverter.

All sound okay?

Thanks for the help!
I think that should work ok for you. The 10-2 is probably overkill. I think the max output of the stock 2000W inverter is 20A. I'm also going to guess that Thor ran 14-2 (or 12-2) for the input of the Inverter if that was on a 15A breaker.

You have a much better system now anyway with a breaker for your fridge and it is wired the way Xantrex recommends with a subpanel on the output.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum