Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Chassis battery
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #7
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I realize you may have your answer, but I would be concerned as to what is causing your chassis battery to drain seemingly so fast? There is something draining on it. The question should be what is it and why? While some parasitic drain on house batteries can be expected, I would NOT expect on my chassis battery.

Also, when your chassis battery was dead could you start by using the "emergency start switch"?

I have not had the problem you described but my RV is at the Dealer as we speak to have a new Disconnect Switch on the chassis. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-SUV-RV-...72.m2749.l2649

There are other ways to do and you may do yourself, but for the low cost, I am having the Dealer professionally install in my battery compartment. I plan to use if I am ever in situation of expected extended non use; and no shore power available. It would just be a simple guarantee of no parasitic drain on Chassis battery. In theory your Store / Use switch does the same for House battery; thus it seemed to be okay when set to store with no parasitic drain on your house. Note: It is possible for some parasitic drain to be on House battery as well depending upon how wired.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum