Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 10:29 PM   #13
Pabs4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWaterSUX View Post
Since the beast is in for warrantee work, we missed her so much, we went over to the Daytona RV show yesterday and revalidate our recent upgrade decision. Wouldn't make an even trade for anything we saw yesterday.

While there, we happened to meet Thor factory product manager Kevin Mullis. He helped me gain some insight into some of the relationships owners can expect with the factory and their chosen dealer or service center(s), that previously I didn't quite understand.

Not our first coach, but it is our first ownership experience where warrantee and an extended warrantee product cover service and repair work. I was a bit shocked to learn after the fact, that Thor really doesn't sell parts directly to customers, even after warrantees have run out. I understand some of their logic, but I'm of the opinion most long term motorhomers at some point resort to fixing/adjusting/repairing/replacing a lot of things themselves for economy, remote repairs and simplifying one's life by not having to take the motorhome in for work.

Anyhow it was a good learning experience for myself and hopefully for Kevin too. We discussed some of the issues and reasons ours is in the shop, most of which seem to be common or frequent issues. It did not appear as if the manufacture (well at least not Kevin) is reading these forums, but I sure am glad I don't have to take the dealer's word on how common issues are when I can come here and see that I'm not the only one that has experienced whatever the problem is.

How many of you folks have taken the time to visit a motorhome assembly facility? I may plan to do that if a route through Indiana is ever unavoidable.
We discovered the same thing about Thor not selling directly to owners. Due to our fault our mirror closet door was cracked. It happened when we were enroute to our dealership for the last of our warranty work. When we asked if they had a replacement door in stock they told us they didn’t but we could call Thor and they would send us one. Nope. While the Thor customer service guy was very helpful and found the part number for me I had to have the dealership order it and have it drop shipped to us. The dealership seemed surprised that Thor wouldn’t take an order from us. It was back ordered so we haven’t received it yet. I’m hoping it arrives in good condition. I have no reason to think it won’t.

Pam
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum