Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #9
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
You opened the door. You are horribly wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Is my xantrex 3012 a work around of this problem?
It makes up the shore voltage shortages by using the batteries as a supplement and I have an auto Gen start.
It changes 109v shore to 120v house as needed by adding power from the batteries to the shore power.

So, and I doubt I'm understanding this correctly:
My inverter will draw power from my batteries, add voltage to the pedestal voltage when needed, and will kick on the generator when the batteries need added to.
Inverter does not supplement. Inverter changes 12 volt to 120 volts.

Inverter does not auto start generator.

Inverter does not change 109 to 120 volts. An autoformer does that.

Inverter does not ADD power from the batteries to the shore power. Inverter powers some 120 volt shore power circuits that are hooked to it.

Inverter does allow for 120 volt pass thru voltage when hooked to shore power.

Converter charges the batteries.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum